Ethereal Braided Crowns
What You’ll Need: Bumble and Bumble Texture Creme and Styling Creme
1. Prep with Bumble and Bumble Texture Creme. Apply a nickel or quarter-sized amount of the product (depending on hair type), drying into the roots to create volume and add grit for braiding.
2. Create a clean center part using a tail comb.
3. Off of the center part, create a triangle section of hair on both sides – the front part of the part is the first point, the second point being behind the ear and the third point being at the highest point of the head. Section away with a hair clip.
4. On each side/each triangle, begin braiding (inverted braid) taking each section diagonal forward. Secure each strand with an elastic.
5. Use hands to loosen braids before joining braids in the back to create a crown braid (making sure to conceal the elastics. Use pins to secure.
6. On the rest of the hair that’s left out, take a flat iron in an S-wave pattern to create loose waves.
7. Once the whole head is ironed, apply Hairdresser's Finishing Spray for texture and dimension.
8. Take a bit of Bumble and Bumble Styling creme through the ends to tame any flyaways and add soft hold.
What You’ll Need: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, Thickening Hairspray, and Surf Foam Spray Blow Dry
1. Start with clean, dry hair.
2. If your hair is thick, prep it with Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray throughout the lengths.
3. If your hair is fine, prep hair by spritzing Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray at the roots to pump up volume.
4. Using a 1-inch curling iron, curl lengths of hair while leaving 1 inch of the ends out to keep the hair beachy. Let hair cool.
5. Spritz lengths with Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Spray Blow-dry for added texture, then comb out curls with a wide-toothed comb for soft waves.